World Champion Toni Kroos has been named World Playmaker of the Year 2014. The Germany international received 110 points in a vote initiated by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS). He ranked just two points ahead of Argentina’s Lionel Messi (108). The Colombian James Rodriguez came in third with 53 points. Bastian Schweinsteiger was the second German in the top ten. The Bayern midfielder got 28 points.
The two Spain internationals Xavi (from 2008 to 2011) and Andrés Iniesta (2012 and 2013) have shared the last six titles between them.
1. Toni Kroos (Germany) 110 Points
2. Lionel Messi (Argentina) 108 Points
3. James Rodriguez (Colombia) 53 Points
4. Andrès Iniesta (Spain) 38 Points
5. Yaya Touré (Côte d‘Ivoire) 29 Points
6. Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany) 28 Points
7. Neymar (Brasil) 21 Points
7. Luka Modric (Croatia) 21 Points
9. Eden Hazard (Belgium) 18 Points
10. Ivan Rakitic (Croatia) 5 Points